Monday, November 14, 2011

I should probably explain.

Most of the time, if I write about a newspaper article, I will commenting on the title. Why? Headlines often annoy me, sometimes amuse me, and occasionally baffle me. We live in a news-bite sort of world. Often the headline is the only part of the paper people read - as they pass the rack on the way to the soda fountain. Maybe they read the first paragraph, maybe a little more. It matters that the headline gives an accurate overview of the story.

Sometimes, the newspaper will unwittingly juxtapose inappropriate stories. We sometimes see this online in the ads that pop up along side something we are reading.  I can laugh that off. Seeing "Boy mauled by dog" next to "Humane Society Fund Raiser" isn't so funny. These are things I am likely to natter on about. This blog isn't just about newspaper titles though. Anything I think about may turn up here. If I can figure it out, I'll embed a video or two along the way.

I'd love to hear what you think. You don't have to agree, but please keep it civil.
~Savialeigh


No comments:

Post a Comment